Pages

Tuesday 23 July 2013

Return to Sender

I am sure we all have a tale or two to tell about the time taken for a letter to reach it's destination.

I once sent very important voting papers to a bodcorp for the AGM. A few weeks later I received the minutes of the meeting, without any mention of my voting paper. When I phoned, I was told the papers had only turned up that day. Well I wondered whether that was just an excuse for office mismanagement or in fact the letter took three weeks instead of three days to reach it's destination.

Today I was shocked to receive a 'Return to Sender' which was post marked 11 Dec 2012, and indeed it was a Christmas card clearly addressed with postcode. If only that letter could talk, we could hear of a travel story that took over seven months to return home!
The envelope is in good condition but appears to have been wet as the card is quite wavy.

I had to phone my friend to whom I had sent the card, firstly to make sure she hadn't moved  (she hadn't) and secondly to explain why she had not received my usual Christmas greeting. As I hadn't spoken to my friend for awhile maybe it was a blessing in disguise
as I picked up the phone and we had a lovely catch up!

What stories do you have to tell about your mail service?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love your feedback on this topic!