Pages

Thursday 21 November 2013

Concerts

We all have different tastes in music and associated artists.
I grew up in the world of pop music, top ten charts etc. When I met my husband he introduced me to country music, which I soon became hooked on, listening to Tammy Wynette on cassette in the car, singing " My D I V O R C E became final today" will forever be embedded in my memory.

On the pop side - John Farnham has been one of my long time favourites and I have attended three of his concerts, The Entertainment centre in Brisbane, The Tent in Lismore, where I plucked up enough courage to walk up to the stage and shake his hand!, and the last one was back in Brisbane at the Qpac centre. My one regret was I missed his show at Twin Towns, which was booked out before I even knew about it.

Ronan Keating was another good show, which I attended in Brisbane.

On the country side, there have been many great shows at Twin Towns, Lee Kernaghan, Adam Brand, Tanya Kernaghan, The McClymonts, Beccy Cole just to name a few Australian artists and then there was American stars Don Williams and Charlie Pride.

The most recent show at Twin Towns and one of the best I have ever attended was Adam Harvey/Troy Cassar-Daley. Every song was a winner and the performance by these two guys was unbelievable. Troy's guitar playing was outstanding and Adam's quick wit and funny jokes was a bonus. The love of music and the admiration they showed to one another just lit up the stage and I am sure not one person in the packed auditorium didn't come away from the show with a sense of admiration for these two great Aussie artists.

Tell me about the most enjoyable show you have attended.






 

3 comments:

  1. Pink was by far the best concert I have ever been to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your feedback Lizzy, yes by what I have seen on Tv , she certainly knows how to entertain.



      Delete
  2. Robbie Williams at Suncorp Stadium was pretty special and I have a lot of fond memories of seeing bands in my uni days - especially Blur at the now since destroyed Festival Hall in Brisbane

    ReplyDelete

I would love your feedback on this topic!