Pages

Thursday 24 April 2014

Anzac Day

On the eve of Anzac Day, I remember proudly my father who served in World War II, from 26 Feb 1942 to 9 Jan 1946. He served in Australia for 755 days and in Port Morseby and Moratai for 612 days. He was a Sapper in the Dockers and Engineers section.
He suffered from a bout of mumps and was hospitilised with malaria while on duty.

I remember those who did not return home, including my father's younger brother, whose life was taken in serving his country.

I remember the wives who were left at home to raise young children, living with the fear of whether they would ever see their loved ones again.

So tomorrow we will all remember our loved ones who lived and died for our great country and I will see my Dad proudly marching down the street in his suit and hat ( which is firmly embedded in my memory).

Lest we Forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love your feedback on this topic!