Pages

Saturday 23 June 2012

THE VOICE

Well 'The Voice' was highly publicised by Channel 9 many weeks before it's big arrival and I guess those of us who didn't know or understand the concept of the show were eager to find out.  From the moment the first contestant  stepped onto the stage, there was the feeling of excitement and anticipation. Right from the press of the button and the swinging chairs, the expressions on the faces of the judges - I was hooked and so were many million people. What amazed me was the extraordinary talent, where did they all come from, there has been talent shows before in Australia, but these were all the cream of the crop. But from the first words uttered from her mouth, I was memorised by Karise's haunting sound and I proudly announced on Facebook - Karise is THE VOICE.  It was a voice like I had never heard before and her pairing with Seal was the icing on the cake - they were made for each other, and in Karise's words "he is a top quality dude".

The coaches were an unlikely mix but they came together as a team and made the show into such an amazing winner. Keith Urban with his laid back style won many fans,  including me and Joel I grew to love, his funny expressions and encouraging words (just one thing Joel get rid of the straws) and Seal with his words of wisdom, his painted fingernails and short/long pants. Delta, despite many critics is lovely and has such a warm heart and is a great talent. Mark Holden's dribble about the judge's comments being "nauseating" and they were a "complete waste of air time" bring back memories of his days as a judge on Australian Idol and how his comments and stupid sayings made me cringe, jealousy is a curse Mark!

Some of the highlights for me were the duets between the contestant and their mentor, unbelievable stuff.
When all the coaches came together in song, was another winner, but then the whole show was a winner and I  for one cannot wait to see it again, hopefully with the same judges and who knows what talent is out there.

Karise's journey has just begun and so has the THE VOICE. Thank you Channel 9 for bringing such enjoyment to so many people.

Please let me know your feelings about the show.

1 comment:

  1. I lost interest at the end, but enjoyed the first weeks and the battle round. I think Karise was a worthy winner though.

    ReplyDelete

I would love your feedback on this topic!