Pages

Saturday 11 October 2014

Coping with Technology Part 2

In recent weeks, technology has tested me to the limit.

Firstly my phone became really noisy and became unbearable to use and then no dial tone at all, so it was definitely time to phone Telstra, who came the next day. The technician tried a couple of different things before declaring that a new line was required but he didn't think he could do that, he did not have the right equipment. However, he did give it a go and presto we were back in business.

Next thing - I had no internet, I had to go and buy a new wireless modem/router. After a couple of phone calls to D-Link support, it was up and running.

Alas, just when I thought life was back to normal - the printer wasn't printing from the computer. After ringing Canon support and being on the phone for nearly one hour without making any headway at all, I cancelled the call. I was really worried as he wanted to get inside my computer and asked if I did banking on it!

I knew I had to put the new modem password in the printer settings but I couldn't quite navigate the settings so another phone call to Canon and he wanted to fiddle with my  modem. I said NO to this and said I had started the process but couldn't quite complete it, so then he was able to help and I was back printing.

Now tonight my computer has abruptly closed 6 times within a short period, with a different error message each time - I am going to bed - technology is working against me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love your feedback on this topic!