Pages

Wednesday 3 February 2016

Supermarket watch dog!

I can't believe it has been 7 months since my last blog, I have had lots of topics in my head but have not put fingers to keyboard, but today my experience at the supermarket was the trigger to bounce back!

Firstly, I bought 2 Dettol surface wipes 80 pack, which were on special for $5, a saving of $2.80 and luckily I looked at the register as $7.80 twice appeared on the screen. Feeling sure that I hadn't misread the sale ticket, I queried the price and the shop assistant came back and said 'charge her $5 for one and one free'. No Apology!

Next was the biscuits, stock at the end of the aisle with $1 ticket. Marie, Arrowroot and a few others were one side of the display and Butternut Snap and Choc Ripple on the other but still under the $1 price.  Yes, you guessed it the latter two came up at the normal price of $2.85 each, I politely declined that purchase.

So to put this in perspective, had I not been alert and checked, I would have been overcharged $9.30 on 4 items.

Ok, the price on the wipes was obviously a computer error, being the first day of the specials but the positioning of the biscuits seemed like a deliberate ploy to catch out the unwary.

My husband recently bought a packet of 4 bread rolls and when he got home found the price ticket on the packet was priced for 6 rolls!

Busy Mums with children may not have the time or inclination to keep an eye on the register and once you are home, who is going to make a trip back to the supermarket.

Do you have any stories to tell of being overcharged at the checkout?

1 comment:

I would love your feedback on this topic!