Pages

Monday 22 February 2016

Dining with Dogs

Firstly, I want to make it very clear that I am a dog lover but there is one circumstance that has me slightly disturbed. With footpath dining being so popular, alot of diners are now bringing their dogs along for the occasion.

With food hygiene high on everybody's thoughts when dining out, hand sanitisation is very important.

I am not a frequent diner but on several occasions I have witnessed the waitress patting a dog and then going straight back to serving customers and/or food. On the weekend I not only witnessed the dog patting but also the handling of the doggie water bowl, which was brought from near the footpath to inside where the dog was lying. On both occasions no hand sanitisation was witnessed.

Is it too much to ask that people handling dogs and/or doggie water bowls could wash their hands before resuming food preparation and service?

What is your view?

2 comments:

I would love your feedback on this topic!