Pages

Thursday 12 May 2016

Responsibility

The word RESPONSIBILITY came to light tonight when I was watching TV and found numerous people complaining about being fined for driving unregistered motor vehicles and the ensuing fine that was unfairly issued to them. The so called problem has been caused by the discarding of the Registration Sticker from the windscreen and now they cannot remember when the vehicle is due for registration and it is not their RESPONSIBILITY!

I have always received notification by mail of my impending Registration and if by chance that did go astray, surely it is my RESPONSIBILITY to remember this important date.  If your car is not registered, then you are not covered by 3rd party insurance.

These people who are seemingly NOT RESPONSIBLE are arguing that it is a 'revenue raising exercise!' It is easy to blame everybody else but themselves.

I personally do not have a problem with not having to clean off the old sticker and re-apply the new, as it was always a messy procedure and one I can do without.

We all have to be RESPONSIBLE for our own actions and keeping our motor vehicle registered and driving lawfully on our roads seems to be pretty high on the list, blaming the abandonment of the "registration sticker" as an excuse does not cut it!

1 comment:

I would love your feedback on this topic!